Friday 6 January 2012

Boy vs. Girl or Both



Hi again all game fans, sorry for the delay in the new blog, been on a little vacation time. So hope all of you had a good Christmas and have an awesome 2012!


Ever thought of a game that would be good for your better half? Well as the title suggests, what game will be worth both genders playing?


Let's look at what games can suite both...No wait, lets think about this one first before we get ourselves into trouble. First off, the day of only guys playing games and girls just watching are long long gone, according to an article in Economist not so long ago, the split between male and female gamers in 52% male and 48% female, not too shabby, considering the stereotype of gaming is still looked at as only a guys world. But before we get off track and start looking at stats and all the analytical details of gaming for the gender and then making it a full gender war, let's rather look at the different things each of the other would want to see in the games they play.


This I do understand is a big topic, and I am only writing from my opinion as well as the games I have played and what others have told me. 


Let's begin....


Boy vs. Girl or Both. Looking at the title, it's difficult to break down, but this is the basis of it. The other day I was playing Crysis 2, not a bad game at all, but I found my girlfriend watching and slowly becoming interested in the game, but she also lost interest a lot of the time. So I started thinking, what would make your better half want to watch you play? 


Well, quite a few things probably, and I think it is safe to say most of the time would be action, but I have also noticed when I have watched others, as a spectator you want to see different twists etc. am I getting of f the topic, no. What this is coming down to is, do guys enjoy watching girls play and vica versa. The answer is...........I have no idea, but what I do know from my side is that it's always fun to watch others play and try to get past levels that maybe you could not, or your girlfriend asking for help on a level, or you boyfriend, don't worry girls, I know you can play hardcore too!


You might be asking now, where does this leave us, and you haven't told us anything about what is better. Well there is know better. Boy vs. Girl, it's a argument that will go on forever, and as gaming gets bigger and better, it will just make the question harder. What we can say is, Girls are on the up and up and the guys better watch out!


This weeks blog is short and sweet and by no means a full story but, I think it has given you something to think about next time you the spectator!




Next Week: Game Awesomeness - What makes it Awesome!







No comments:

Post a Comment